I not only scrap in this room but sew and do all the other office type stuff in here. It is my room :) In this cabinet are all kinds of stuff - sewing supplies, craft supplies, I have a 12x12 3 drawer box in there that I keep stuff for cardmaking. I also have a large Memor-EZ bag for some of my ribbon.
As you keep turning left, then you will see my desk. My computer is in the corner and then behind the chair is the L part of my desk.
I have a metal bulletin board that I made when I was with Leaving Prints that I keep stuff on - a picture my DD made, a magazine article I liked, fortune cookie messages, phone numbers - you know fun stuff :) I also have a tilt box organizer (bought on QVC) that I put chipboard letters and other bulky letters in. I also use one of those Pampered Chef's carousels for my pens, rulers and scissors. Also notice the flamingo tissue box holder that i found at a thrift store and just had to buy for the room!
To the left of that are 2 of those little drawer units that you buy at hardware stores. I have misc embellishments stored in here. They are categorized by themes and types. For example - zoo, beach, beads, glitter, paper clips, slides covers, sports. In the clear basket in the front are glitter mist, ink pads, stickles and etc. The slot to right of the gray bins I keep an organizer box with my chalk inks, big red (my atg gun) and usually any projects that I am working on. This is a work in progress because I liked the idea that Polly had with the tool box. I have to look for it and maybe re-organize some of this - it is a bit cluttered.
On the L of the desk is my main workspace. I have an Ott-like lamp, a big cutting mat and these 2 great Basic Grey magnetic precision mats. I had thought about the FRED but I saw someone at a crop with these and I fell in love. I think they work just like the FRED but lay flat on the table - which is what I like. At the end of the L is my Sizzix Big Kick and an organizer with a bunch of tools. Most of my stuff is there and it is easy to grab for a crop.
The cabinet above my head has my Cricut cartridges (I don't have a lot ...yet) and my small collection of 8 1/2x11 cardstock. Tucked up there is a box of misc stuff that I am not sure where to file and what to do with :) The shelves to the left have pattern paper on the bottom shelf in Cropper Hopper boxes. I sort mine as to color and some are sorted as to collections (Scenic Route, those paper pads, etc). The shelf on top has more Cropper Hopper files with patterned paper, stickers, etc sorted into themes - such as summer, fall, Christmas, Easter, birthday, family, camping,zoo, pets, etc. On the bottom shelf to left of those are notebooks with layouts I like, sketches, Got Sketch class notes, etc. There also extra Cropper Hopper boxes and files. On the top shelf are unused albums, and Cropper Hopper boxes with finished layouts waiting to go into albums.
Ok - time to go do to some more laundry and then I will complete my craft room tour :)
1 comment:
Wow, nice!! Love your workspace and those magnetic mats. I have a smaller green mat like your pink but it's always too small with two los side by side.
Post a Comment