Behind my desk (on the other side) is my wire rolling cart that I bought at Lowe's. The top rack holds my Epson photo printer and the next shelf holds my Cricut. They are both covered with the pillow cases from the flamingo sheet set :) The bottom rack holds a container with all my flowers and a very old Xyron - once this thing runs out of stuff or dies then I am getting a new one - it was my very first scrapbooking tool I bought! There really should be a printer/scanner here but it died and it is suppose to be replaced next month (unless something else comes up...).
Now I should give a background on what this room ws first - it was the back part of a tandem garage. We had it converted into another room in the house (which ws an option for the floor plan but the previous owners didn't do it). So that helps to explain the next part of the room. Which is a cubby - it was designed to be a closet but I didn't want one. Instead we made it a cubby with shelves to store more stuf (of course!). The top shelf hold my tv (which every scrapper needs!). The other shelves hold my Sizzix dies which I am storing in these great white boxes I found at Walmart. I also have 3 drawer boxes that hold other stuff like other stamp pads, acrylic blocks, ribbon iron, chalks, etc.Then there are big blue boxes on the floor that hold vertical files. In one of the big blue boxes are kits that I have bought and haven't used yet and the other I have letter stickers sorted by color. There is other stuff on the shelves too - like other craft flowers, EK Success circle,oval and square cutters, a roll of poster paper, big paper cutter (that I don't use much).
As you continue to the left, on the floor is my box of cardstock scraps and yes I do use them a lot. That is why they are left out. To the left of that is my bookcase from Ikea (which I wish I could buy another but I think they don't make it anymore - boohoo). It fits the Cropper Hopper folders but I had to cut them off a tad. The bottom shelf has all my carstock assorted as to color. The top shelf holds my tackle box (Walmart) that holds embellishments such as brads, buttons, etc. It is easy to grab for a crop. There are some more of those 3 drawers boxes that hold extras of stuff like adhesive, pens - mainly stuff left over from my business. On top of the bookcase is an organizer that I use to store stickers but have re-used to store my border punches, crimper, and some other misc stuff. In the white box are those roller stamps with different sayings and date stamps.
The wall above this is another work in progress. I want to put more shelves (like some others in the room which I will show you in a bit) but I got them at Ikea and I haven't been able to get there and look for them. For now it has a layout I did a long time ago and some of those TLC sayings on canvas that I painted to coordinate with the room.
Behind my door is a punch pal organizer that are no longer made (actually 2 of them). I store my punches inthere and some of my stamps. Above that is a clock I made to coordinate with the metal bulletin board. To left of that are my ribbon racks. They are simply cafe rod holders drilled into the wall and I bought wooden dowel rods cut to the length I need. I just slide the ribbon spools on them and let them rest on the cafe rod things. Simple and easy to use. I have also added more as I need them.
The rest of the wall has these great Ikea shelves on them where I have put various projects, a pic of me jumping my horse last year at a show, pics of my kids, and old cruise menu that I found in an antique store - it was too cool and had to buy it! Oh and one of my 3 Goldens insisted on getting in the picture!
Stay tuned there is more to come - about some of the details.. but first need to make lunch for DD - she got her braces tightened and I promised I make her some soup and grill cheese and bring it to school for her :)
No comments:
Post a Comment